Environmental Institute for Golf welcomes West Coast Turf president
Foster selected to Advisory Council
John Foster, president of West Coast Turf, has been named to the Advisory Council for The Environmental Institute for Golf.
West Coast Turf offers more than 20 different varieties of turfgrass, along with services such as custom grown sod, worldwide shipping and expert installation. Clients include homeowners, golf course superintendents, builders and architects, as well as turfgrass professionals across the nation. The California-based company has provided sod for PetCo Park in San Diego, the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, McCafee Coliseum in Oakland, the Kansas City Royal's Kauffman Stadium, Chase Field in Phoenix, Qualcomm Stadium in San Diego, hundreds of golf facilities, the Fiesta Bowl, BCS National Championship and seven Super Bowls.
Foster is the 17th member to join the Advisory Council, which is headed by World Golf Hall of Fame member Greg Norman.
"We are pleased to have John on the Advisory Council," said Norman, chairman and CEO of Great White Shark Enterprises. "Not only does he bring a high level of business sense to The Institute, but he also represents the lifeblood of our golf course superintendents in that he knows turfgrass." The Advisory Council provides guidance to The Institute's board of trustees in the areas of outreach, fundraising and strategic planning. The members were selected to enhance The Institute's ability to cultivate relationships with current and potential donors, as well as communicate the importance of the work conducted by The Institute.
The Environmental Institute for Golf's Advisory Council:
- Tom Crow, founder of Cobra Golf and a retired trustee for The Institute
- John Foster, CEO of West Coast Turf
- Dana Garmany, chairman and CEO of Troon Golf
- Jack R. Harrell, Jr., CEO of Harrell's Fertilizer
- Bill Jones III, chairman and CEO of Sea Island Co.
- Paul C. Kanavos, chairman and CEO of Flag Luxury Properties, LLC
- Bill Kubly, CEO of Landscapes Unlimited and chairman of The Institute's board of trustees
- Owen G. Larkin, president of the Vineyard Golf Club in Edgartown, Mass.
- Rafael Martinez, president of Republic Capital Corp. and Institute trustee
- Gary N. McClung, president of Midway Ford/Sterling Truck Center and developer of Quintero Golf and Country Club, Peoria, Ariz.
- Ken Melrose, retired chairman and CEO of The Toro Co.
- Greg Norman, chairman of Advisory Council, Institute trustee and chairman and CEO of Great White Shark Enterprises
- Jaime Ortiz-Patiño, owner of Valderrama Golf Club in Sotogrande, Spain
- David Pillsbury, president of PGA Tour Golf Course Properties and vice chairman/treasurer of The Institute's board of trustees
- Joe Steranka, CEO of PGA of America
- Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, chairman of Dubai World
- Weldon Wyatt, founder and CEO of Sage Valley Golf Club, Graniteville, S.C.