FOR GOLF COURSE GREENS
Click to Download PDF Spec Sheet
With its fine texture and tolerance of close mowing, West Coast Turf’s “Old-Line” Tifdwarf has been the most popular greens-quality hybrid bermuda for decades. It offers fast putting speeds and true ball roll for high performance, comparable to many bentgrass greens. “Old-Line” Tifdwarf is more compact and finer bladed than Tifgreen, needs less maintenance than TifEagle, takes overseeding well, and recovers quickly from injury.
Contact us at 888-893-8873 for pricing on this specialty professional sod.
Features & Benefits
- Beautiful dark green. Darker than Tifgreen.
- Fine and smooth. Finer than Tifgreen.
- Bentgrass greens performance, but with greater heat tolerance and disease resistance.
- Provides fast putting speeds and true ball roll.
- Tolerant of poor water quality, foot traffic, and drought.
- Excellent root system, compact form and vigorous growth habit promote quick recovery from injury.
- Maintains good color at low mowing heights.
- Regains color early in spring.
- Overseeds well.
- Thrives in warm to hot climates USDA zones 7-11.
- Not shade tolerant. Requires full sun all day.
- Reel mower required.
- Regular sod: 16” x 72” long rolls with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal
- Big Roll sod: 42” x 105’ long with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: has up to a 2” soil base that provides anchorage for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a sports field that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall-season installation. No need to overseed!
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared bed. Installation is easy and inexpensive. Available May-September.