FOR GOLF COURSE GREENS
Click to Download PDF Spec Sheet
With its fine texture and tolerance of close mowing, West Coast Turf’s Certified Tifdwarf has been a popular greens-quality hybrid bermuda. It offers fast putting speeds and true ball roll for high performance, comparable to many bentgrass greens. Certified Tifdwarf is more compact and finer bladed than Tifgreen, needs less maintenance than TifEagle, takes overseeding well, and recovers quickly from injury.
Contact us at 888-893-8873 for pricing on this specialty professional sod.
Features & Benefits
- Beautiful dark green. Darker than Tifgreen.
- Fine and smooth. Finer than Tifgreen.
- Bentgrass greens performance, but with greater heat tolerance and disease resistance.
- Provides fast putting speeds and true ball roll.
- Tolerant of poor water quality, foot traffic, and drought.
- Excellent root system, compact form and vigorous growth habit promote quick recovery from injury.
- Maintains good color at low mowing heights.
- Regains color early in spring.
- Overseeds well.
- Thrives in warm to hot climates USDA zones 7-11.
- Not shade tolerant. Requires full sun all day.
- Reel mower required.
- Regular sod: 16” x 72” long rolls with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal
- Big Roll sod: 42” x 105’ long with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: has up to a 2” soil base that provides anchorage for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a sports field that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall-season installation. No need to overseed!
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared bed. Installation is easy and inexpensive. Available May-September.