The Ultimate Warm Season Putting Surface
Click to Download PDF Spec Sheet
Fine texture, dark green color, and tolerance of close mowing are what makes TifEagle the highest performing greens-quality bermuda available. It displays high density, making for fast putting speeds and true ball roll. TifEagle exhibits less purpling in cool weather, and maintains its color longer into the fall.
FOR USE ON GOLF COURSE GREENS, LAWN TENNIS COURTS, CROQUET PITCHES, and LAWN BOWLING GREENS.
Contact us at 888-893-8873 for pricing on this specialty professional sod.
Features & Benefits
- Dark green. Darker than Tifgreen.
- Fine and smooth. Finer than Tifgreen or Tifdwarf.
- Top rated for low mowing, overseeding ability, and overall quality of bermudagrass in studies at Tifton, GA.
- Bentgrass greens performance, but with greater heat tolerance and disease resistance.
- Provides the fastest putting speeds, and truest ball roll at lower mowing heights.
- Tolerant of poor water quality, foot traffic, and drought.
- Vigorous growth habit promotes quick recovery from injury.
- Overseeds easily, and transitions well in spring.
- Produces stronger root system than Tifdwarf in soil-based or USGA greens.
- Provides denser growth, narrower leaves, and more shoots than Tifdwarf.
- Dense growth repels annual bluegrass.
- Thrives in warm to hot climates, USDA zones 7-11.
- Not shade tolerant. Requires full sun all day.
- Reel mower required.
- Regular sod: 16” x 72” long rolls with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal situations.
- Big Roll sod: 42” x 105’ long with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: has up to a 2” soil base that provides anchorage for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a green that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall-season installation. No need to overseed!
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared bed. Installation is easy and inexpensive. Available May-September.