|Long dry summers can be brutal on turfgrass--and even more so on your water bill. TifTuf Bermudagrass was developed exactly with this challenge in mind. This fine-textured green leaved beauty uses 38% less water than similar grass cultivars. And, as an added bonus, TifTuf Bermudagrass has a high shade tolerance. When cooler temperatures arrive, it'll stay greener further into the season. It will make you wonder--how can something so tough and resilient be so gorgeous?!||
Features & Benefits
- Good shade and drought tolerance
- Low water user
- Aggressive growth
- Retains moisture
- Has a 90% survivability rate in temperatures as low as -6F
- Retains 95% more green leaf tissue in drought stress compared to Tifway
- High resistance to traffic
- Dense and hearty
- Thrives in warm to hot climates USDA zones 7 to 11
- Can be mowed at .5-2"
- Reel or rotary mower
- Regular sod: 16" x 72" or 24" x 60" rolls with 1/2" of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal situations.
- Big Roll sod: 42" x 105' long with 1/2" of soil. weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: Has up to 2" soil base that provides anchorage for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a sports field that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall season installation.
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared bed. Installation is easy and relatively inexpensive. Available May-September.