Download PDF Spec Sheet
FOR USE ON SPORTS FIELDS, GOLF COURSE TEES and FAIRWAYS, AND LANDSCAPES.
Combining toughness with beauty, Tifway 419 has been the most popular sports turf in Arizona for the last 40 years. The fine texture, and beautiful dark green color make it a popular choice for golf course tees and fairways. Its dense, rapidly spreading growth habit means quick recovery from injury, making it one of the most durable hybrid bermudas on the market. Tifway 419 tolerates close mowing, and is highly disease resistant.
Like all our hybrid bermudas, Tifway 419 is a drought tolerant grass, and requires very little water compared to cool season grasses like fescue.
Features & Benefits
- Medium-fine, slightly finer than Tifway II, but not as fine as Tifgreen 328
- One of the most durable grasses on the market
- Recovers quickly from injury
- Tolerant of heat, heavy foot traffic, and drought
- Fine texture and soft blade provides a soft cushion
- Tolerates close mowing and a wide range of mowing heights
- Highly resistant to disease
- Tolerates some frost and has early spring green-up
- Thrives in warm to hot climates USDA zones 7 to 11
- 3/8” to 1” with reel mower or sharp rotary mower
- Regular sod: 16” x 72” long rolls with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal situations.
- Big Roll sod: 42” x 105’ long with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: has up to a 2” soil base that provides anchorage for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a sports field that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall season installation.
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared bed. Installation is easy and inexpensive. Available May-September.