FOR SPORTS FIELDS, LANDSCAPES, PARKS, PLAYGROUNDS, AND GOLF COURSE TEES, FAIRWAYS, and ROUGHS.
Download PDF Spec Sheet
Tifway II bermuda has the shortest winter dormancy of all hybrid bermudas, staying green longer into the fall and greening up earlier in the spring. It is the best bermuda for coastal California. With its great durability, beautiful dark-green color, and recuperative abilities, Tifway II is a top performer on golf courses and sports fields. Like all our hybrid bermudas, Tifway II is a drought tolerant grass, and requires very little water compared to cool season grasses like fescue.
Features & Benefits
- Medium-fine, slightly coarser than Tifway 419.
- Top ranked in overall quality studies of bermudagrass cultivars conducted by the National Turfgrass Evaluation Program.
- Resistant to sting, root knot, and ring nematodes.
- Shortest dormancy period of all bermudas.
- Recovers quickly from injury with vigorous, dense growth habit.
- Tolerant of heat, poor water quality, heavy foot traffic, and drought.
- Stiff leaf blades creates excellent lie for golf balls.
- Tolerant of close mowing.
- Thrives in warm to hot climates USDA zones 7-11.
- Not shade tolerant. Requires full sun.
- Regular sod: 16” x 72” long rolls with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 45 lbs. Ideal for normal situations.
- Big Roll sod: 42” x 105’ long with ½” of soil. Weighs approximately 2000 lbs. Great for large areas.
- Thick-cut sod: has up to a 2” soil base that provides anchorage
for the sod until the roots knit to the subsoil. Ideal for renovating a
sports field that needs to be back in play within a few days.
- Overseeded sod: Perfect for fall season installation.
- Stolons: Sod is shredded and broadcast like seed on a prepared
bed. Installation is easy and inexpensive. Available May-September.